Terms and conditions are an important part of your booking process, most payment providers require that you display your terms and conditions.
Bókun features a built-in terms and conditions feature that displays your terms in the online booking engine when travelers are making a purchase on your website.
How to add terms & conditions
1. To create terms and conditions, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the page and click Terms & conditions from the side bar.
2. Type or paste your terms and conditions into the text box.
If you have any translations enabled, you will be asked to fill in the text for those translations. In this case, Spanish is enabled so you would need to add your own translation in Spanish. Note: Bókun does not automatically translate content.
3. Click on Save. Your terms and conditions will now appear when a traveler makes a booking.
Display options for the terms and conditions
Travelers will need to accept your terms and conditions before they can proceed to the payment step of your booking process.
The terms and conditions can be displayed in two ways:
- The customer has to click a link to read the terms and conditions
- Terms and conditions are always displayed in the checkout widget
If you signed up before October 1, 2019, you’ll need to configure the checkout widget in order to display your terms and conditions. Navigate to the gear icon in the top right corner, then click Widgets and select the name of your checkout widget. Find the checkbox labelled Always show the terms & conditions and check it.
If you signed up after October 1, 2019, you’ll need to configure the booking channel in order to display your terms and conditions Click Online sales tools in the top banner and choose the booking channel you'd like to edit from the drop-down. Click on Settings in the product setup on the left and find a toggle labelled Always show the terms & conditions and click it.