What is booking cut-off?
Booking cut-off defines how many hours before your experience's start time it becomes unbookable on your online booking engine and by your resellers. If you i.e. select 12 hour booking cut-off time, customers and resellers won't be able to make a booking less than 12 hours before the experience starts.
Note, that your own employees can always book until departure via Booking desk regardless of a defined cut-off time.
What are the benefits of having short booking cut-off?
Our data shows that suppliers saw a 16% booking volume lift when they changed their booking cut-off time to 12 hours or less. Many last-minute bookings take place when a traveler is already in-destination and resent research states that 35% of travelers have used mobile phones to book a tour or activity. By lowering your booking cut-off time to 12 hours or less, you’re capturing two sets of last-minute bookers: those that are a day away from the trip, planning out their upcoming itinerary, and those that have already arrived in-destination, seeking an activity right then and there.
How do I set a booking cut-off?
1. Click Products > Experiences on the left hand side menu and select the product you want to add a booking cut-off to.
2. Navigate to Availability > Booking cut-off in the left-hand side panel.
3. For Date and Time products, select your cut-off time from the drop down menu and then click Continue.
4. For Just date, no time products you can set a booking cut-off relative to one of the three following timings:
- Relative to opening time
Cut-off is calculated based on the opening time of your business. For example, if the business opens at 8 a.m. and you have a 2-hour booking cut-off, the booking cut-off is at 6.a.m.
- Relative to closing time
Cut-off is calculated based on the closing time of your business. For example, if the business closes at 8 p.m. and you have a 2-hour booking cut-off, the booking cut-off is at 6.p.m.
- Relative to one set time
Cut-off is calculated based on a set time. For example, if the set time is 5 p.m. and you have a 2-hour booking cut-off, the booking cut-off is at 3 p.m.
For Viator connected products, make sure that the booking cut-off is the same in the Viator product settings and the Bókun products settings.
Please note that some cut-off types are not compatible to certain product types:
- Date-only product is not compatible with booking cut-off that’s relative to start time.
- Date-and-time product is not compatible with booking cut-off that’s relative to opening hours and relative to closing hours.