Automated messages allow you to send customised messages:
- On booking confirmation
- X days before travel
- X days after travel
- On booking cancellation
- On booking change
These messages are account specific, meaning that they are valid for all your bookings, no matter what the product is.
There are three other types of messages you can send to your customers:
- You can send out automatic messages specific to individual products. How to set up product specific messages.
- You can send out automatic messages specific to a booking channel.
- You can send out manual messages specific to a departure for Experiences products.
How to set up manual messages.
How to set up Automated messages for your account
Select the Cog wheel in top right corner, then select “Automated Messages” from the side bar:
Select "Add" to create a new automated message.
To create a new message you fill in the settings requirements and the text you would like to include in your message.
Title: Add the title of the message. This is just an internal title for you to recognise the message.
Active checkbox: Check this box to activate the message. If this is not checked the message is not being sent out.
Message Trigger: Select at what point in time the message should be sent out. You have few triggers to select from:
- On Confirmation: Send message at the time of booking.
- X days before travel: Send message X days before travel, e.g. send a reminder 1 day before departure. (Note: 1 day is 24 hours before departure.)
- X days after travel: Send message X days after travel, e.g. send a thank you message and please rate us on TripAdvisor, Viator, Expedia etc. If you select this trigger you can add a Review link for your experiences and send to your customers.
- On cancel: Send a message when a booking is cancelled.
- On change: Send a message when a booking is changed/edited.
Number of sent messages: Here you have tow options, these are more valid for account specific messages, than product specific messages.
- Always send this message foe every matching product booking - meaning that if the customer books 3 products separately he gets this messages three times, once for each product.
- Never send this message to the same customer more than once - meaning the customer with the 3 products only gets this message once.
Message subject: This is the subject of the e-mail your customers see.
Message body: Here you add the main message. There are few options (place holders) you can select to be shown automatically in the message.
- First name
- Last name
- Conformation code
- travel date
- Review link For you review link you need to select the trigger "X days after travel". By selecting Review link you can send a review link to your customers.
To select these options press them and they appear blue in the message text box. Then you can write your message around the automatic options.
Set a pick-up condition: Select this option if you would like to send a message depending on pick-up selection. There are two options you have:
- Only send message if pick-up was booked.
- Only send message if pick-up is offered but was not booked.
Link to product: If you would like to link this message to a specific product or product type, select the product and product type from the list. If this should be sent out for all bookings, leave this box unchecked.
Link to Booking Channel: If you would like to link this message to a specific Booking Channel, select the booking channel from the list. If this should be sent out for all booking channels, leave this box unchecked.
When you are satisfied with your message save before leaving the page.
Here is a screenshot of the message in this example:
How to view your Automated Message History
You can see the history for all your automated messages by selecting the Cog wheel in top right corner, then select “Automated Messages” from the side bar. For each automated message there is a "history" tab where you can see the messages sent.
You can see your customer email's address, the date the message was sent and the sender's email address.