Automated product specific messages allows you to send customised messages per product to your customers. Product messages can be sent on:
- booking confirmation
- X days before travel
- X days after travel
- booking cancellation
- booking change
These messages are product specific, meaning that they are valid just for the one product you select.
There are two other types of messages you can send to your customers:
You can send out automatic messages for all bookings on your account. e.g. 3 days before and after travels.
You can send out manual messages specific to a departure for Tour & Activities products: Here you can find more information on how to set up manual messages.
Automated messages, customised per product.
To set up an automated message for a specific product you start by opening the product you need to add a message to. Selectt "Products -> your product type, e.g. Tours & Activites/Accommodation/ Car Rental/Transport -> select the name of your product"
When you have opened your product select "Actions" on the overview screen, and "Automated messages" from the dropdown list.
Select "add" on the screen to create automated message for the selected product.
To create a new message you fill in the settings requirements and the text you would like to include in your message.
Title: Add the title of the message. This is just an internal title for you to recognise the message.
Active checkbox: Check this box to activate the message. If this is not checked the message is not being sent out.
Message Trigger: Select at what point in time the message should be sent out. You have few triggers to select from:
- On Confirmation: To send message at the time of booking.
- X days before travel: to send message X days before travel, e.g. send a reminder 1 day before departure. Note: 1 day is 24 hours before departure.
- X days after travel: to send message x days after travel, e.g. send a thank you message and please rate us on TripAdvisor, Viator, Expedia etc. Note: 1 day is 24 hours after departure.
- On cancel: To send a message when a bookings is cancelled.
- On change: To send a message when a booking is changed/edited.
Number of sent messages: Here you have tow options, these are more valid for account specific messages, than product specific messages.
- Always send this message foe every matching product booking - meaning that if the customer books 3 products separately he gets this messages three times, once for each product.
- Never send this message to the same customer more than once - meaning the customer with the 3 products only gets this message once.
Message subject: The subject of the message. This is the subject of the e-mail your customers see.
Message body: Here you add the main message. There are few options (place holders) you can select to be shown automatically in the message.
- First name
- Last name
- Confirmation code
- travel date
To select these options press them and the appear blue in the message text box. Then you can write your message around the automatic options.
Set a pickup condition: Select this option if you would like to send a message depending on pickup selection. There are two options you have:
- Only send message if pick up was booked
- Only send message if pick up is offered but was not booked
Link to product: If you would like to link this message to specific product or product type select the product and product type from the list. If this should be sent out for all bookings, leave this box unchecked.
When you are satisfied with your message, save, before leaving the page.