What is an experience rate?
Rates can be used to manage different tour options and pricing for particular tours.
What are some rate examples?
- Rates can be used to create a standard tour vs. a premium tour, where the premium tour option is more expensive than the standard tour.
- Rates can also be used to create tour options for different languages, such as an English tour and Spanish tour option.
- Rates can be created for group rates vs. rate per person.
- Rates can be used to differentiate between tour options that include an extra.
Can start times be connected to specific rates?
Yes, you can link rates to specific start times if you want to be able to control the availability of each rate individually.
What else can rates control?
- Min/max passengers per rate, for example a group rate of min 1 and max 10
- Pick up options
- Extras and pricing on extras
- Cancellation policy
How to edit rates:
1. To add a new rate or edit an existing rate, select an experience from your experience list
2. Click on open step in the top right corner of the rate box.
3. This will open product settings where you can edit and add rates.
4. Once you have selected a rate (or created a new one), you will come to the rate settings page.
Title: The name of the Rate.
Description: Short description of the rate. Not mandatory.
Rate code: Short code that identifies the rate. Not mandatory.
Min. passengers per booking: The minimum number of people required to book this rate option.
Max. passengers per booking: The maximum number of people per booking for this rate option.
Pickup selection: Select if pickup is offered for this rate option. You have three options:
- Optional - customer can select if they need pickup or not
- Preselected - pick up is included in the tour. There is not an opt out option.
- Unavailable - there is no pickup as part of this rate option
Cancellation Policy: Select the cancellation policy that applies to this particular rate option. You can create cancellation policies by selecting “Products -> Cancellation Policies”
Pricing categories available for this rate: If this rate is not available for all pricing categories, you can select the categories that are available for this rate.
Start times that offer this rate: Select which start times correspond to this rate option. You can select multiple start times for one rate.
Passenger price is per person: If this box is selected, the pricing for this rate is per person. If this box is not selected, the price is per booking, regardless of how many passengers book together..
Tiered Pricing: This feature allows you to set up tiered pricing for your experience.
If you are connected to one or more OTA, please contact Bokun support. Deleting rates that are connected to an OTA can break your API connection with that OTA. Learn more about tiered pricing here.