What is an extra?
An extra is any additional service, product or fee that you need to include as part of your experience offering.
What is an exmple of an extra?
- equipment rentals like helmets, scuba diving gear, hiking boots
- fixed fees for national park entrances or similar fees
- added expenses like a gasoline charge
How to create an extra:
Extras are created and configured for each product.
1. Navigate to the product you would like to add the new Extra to.
2. Go to product settings> Extras
3. Click on add extra to create a new extra
Title: The name of the extra. The name will be visible to your customers in the first step of your booking process.
Product code: This is a unique reference number for your extra
Max units per booking
- No maximum No max limit on the quantity of bookable extras. If one passenger books, he can add as many extras (T-shirts) as he wants.
- Maximum by participant Max amount of extras is the same amount as the number of participants for the booking. For example, 3 people book, he can only add 3 t-shirts to the booking.
- Custom: Set a customized max number of extras per booking
Description (optional): Add a short description for your activity.
How to Add Prices to Extras:
After you have created an extra, you will have to add it to your rate.
- Go to your Product Rates
- Click on add Extras on the rate or rates you want to add the extra too
3. Click add extra
4. Then a window will open, where you can select from a drop down menu the extras you have created.
Selection: You have the option of makign it optional or preselected (always included)
Pricing: choose if it is included in the price of the experience or priced seperately
Extra is priced per person: check this box if you want each person to be charged for the extra
5. Click Submit
6. IMPORTANT: If the pricing of the extra is seperate from the price of the experience, then you will have to go to the price catalog to add pricing for the extra. A red warning will appear on the top right corner of the screen to alert you that pricing is needed.
How can I keep track of the sales of the extras?
In Income statement report you can see detailed information on sold extras.