Bókun gives you the ability to connect to multiple sales channels in real time.
When you have multiple sellers and various integrations to OTA’s, there are few things that you might want to think about:
- What is a good quality product?
- Can I use all the product features on Bókun?
- What happens if I change my products?
- What information do the sellers use from my products?
Let's start at the beginning of the list and then work our way down:
How to set up good quality products to offer to your resellers?
What you need to think about when you are asking sellers to sell your products, is the quality of your products. By quality, we are referring to your availability, booking cut-off, content images, how your product is set up and priced. Here are few good points to keep in mind:
- Make sure your product has clear images, e.g. 5 high quality photos sellers can use.
- Make sure your text descriptions are up to date and include the information the traveler needs to see. Most sellers base their text description on what you provide them with.
- Availability, ensure there is future availability on all your products, and set it as far in the future as you are comfortable with.
- Pricing and rates. Make sure your prices and rates are set up in a clear and understandable manner, both for the seller and the traveller. As an example, if you have tiered pricing, look into using the tiered pricing model. If you have multiple rates, e.g. Group Price, individual pricing, Lunch included, use the experience rates to add these pricing options. If you need some specific information from the traveller, use booking questions.
- Booking cut-off, many sellers are looking to sell in destination and many travellers, just buy experiences in destination. Consider having the booking cut-off as short as you can, we would recommend at maximum 4 hours.
To summarize, keep your products clean, simple and updated.
Can I use all the product features on Bókun?
Yes you can, and you should use all features available to set up the product exactly like you would like to have it. There is probably no need to use every single feature for all products, but use available features as needed to get the product to your liking and easily exemplifies the experience. That said, keep in mind, you might have one or two sales channels that are not able to use all features provided. The exceptions are listed in the articles on how to connect to each OTA.
What happens if I change my products?
When you change your products, the general rule is that all product related changes will update automatically on all your sales channels. Product related changes are:
- Booking Questions
- Pickup settings
Content related changes will most likely not be reflected across all channels, since most sellers manage content on their end.
*With the exception of OTA’s/sellers where you have to log in to manage your product.
What information do the sellers use from my products?
There is not one clear-cut answer here, since the sellers can choose what content to use directly from you. Also, it depends on how the seller is connected to Bókun through an API, what information they use directly from you and what is coming from their system.
To start with, all product settings come from you and the sellers cannot edit those. These are:
- Booking Questions
- Pickup settings
It is in relation to content, where it is different what information the sellers are using.
- Almost all sellers use the prices you assign to them on the marketplace, agent contract or add to your website.
- Almost all sellers use your pickup, extras and booking questions.
- Many use your images. They might not use all of them, and they might add some others too not specifically from Bókun. But generally they use images you’ve provided for your Bokun products.
- Many use your text descriptions. In this case, some use your text unchanged, but most write their own text descriptions and base it on your description. This is so the seller can display the content to fit their website structure and aesthetics.
The channels that are the main exception to the list above are the OTA’s. Many of the OTA’s that are connected to Bókun have their own systems, e.g. Viator, Expedia, GetYourGuide, Klook and Musement. The rule of thumb is that, if the OTA has their own system where you need to log in, there are probably one or two things you need to keep in mind:
What you need to think about is:
- How are the products connected from Bókun to the OTA?
- Can the other system use rates from Bókun?
- Do you price the products in Bókun or the other system?
- Does the other system use pictures and content from Bókun?
- Make sure that your products are set up the same way across all channels. E.g. they should have the same start times, same pickup information, same rates/tour options.
Below, you can find information on how to connect to all OTA’s that are using Bókun. Here you can also find information on, if there is anything that you have to keep in mind on how to manage your products and connection with that specific OTA.
*there are not available articles yet on each OTA, they are coming. If the OTA you would like to connect to is not here yet, contact support, and we will assist you.
- Adrenaline Hunter
- Adventium Technology & WebsiteTravel Global Marketplace
- Clean Travel
- Italy Experience srl.
- Project Expedition
- Travelcoup AG