What is the new Bókun Pricing?
Starting October 1, 2019, your bookings made through resellers will be completely free. That means you will not pay Bokun for bookings from online travel agents (OTAs) such as Viator or Expedia, as well as resellers you have created partnerships with using the Bokun Marketplace, travel agents, or offline booking sources.
Bookings made on your own website through the Bokun Online Booking Engine (also known as “widget”) or Storefront will incur a service fee of 2.9%, and you can choose to absorb the fee or incorporate it into the traveller’s total booking cost.
Why did Bókun change my price?
- Our goal is to offer a solution that all suppliers can afford.
- Our intent is to remain the most competitive option in the industry, and that is why Bókun is now free to use to connect and sell across all resellers.
- Now all bookings from online travel agents (OTAs) such as Viator or Expedia, as well as resellers that suppliers have created partnerships with using the Bókun B2B Marketplace, travel agents, and offline booking sources are all completely free.
- We are continuously investing in great new features to help our suppliers sell their products everywhere their customers may be.
What’s included for free:
- Distribution through OTAs, including Expedia, Viator, GetYourGuide, and many more
- Access to thousands of global resellers in the Bokun Marketplace
- Offline booking management
- Real-time availability for travel agents and hotel concierges
- Inventory and resource management
- Advanced reporting
- Unlimited users
You only pay for bookings made on your own website:
- Bókun Online Booking Engine “Widget”
- Storefront website builder
- Bókun API
*And all paying customers receive Premium Support. Pay a service fee of just 2.9%, which you can choose to pay directly or to incorporate into the traveler's total booking cost.
Will the price change again?
There is currently no plan for additional price changes. Our goal is to bring suppliers online, and to do that, we will continue to offer a solution that suppliers can afford. Our intent is to remain the most competitive option in the industry.
I just signed up for Bókun, and last week it was 0.1%. Does this price change apply to me?
Existing customers who would like to use Bókun’s direct online booking engine will be charged a 2.9% service fee on all confirmed online bookings effective October 1, 2019.
How will the free trial change?
Because we now have a robust free product, we will no longer offer the 30-day free trial. Bokun customers will only be charged for bookings from their direct online channels, which means bookings through the Bókun online booking engine “widgets,” Storefront website builder, or using the Bókun API.
When will this take effect?
- The new pricing will go live as of September 1, 2019 for new customers who join on or after September 1.
- Existing customers will be impacted by the new pricing model starting on October 1, 2019, which they will see effective in their November 1, 2019 invoice.
I only want to connect with online travel agencies. How much will I pay if I do not want to use your Bókun online booking engine?
If you would like to only utilize Bókun to connect with online travel agencies, Bókun is completely free.
Are manual bookings still free?
Manual and offline bookings are free.
Does this pricing change apply to online booking engine ("widgets") on all channels, e.g. website, Facebook page, etc.?
Yes. All direct online booking made through the Bókun Online Booking Engine (“Widget”), Storefront Website Builder, or Bókun API will be charged a 2.9% fee, which can be incorporated into the traveler’s total booking cost or paid directly by the operator.
How will combo products be charged?
If you are taking direct online bookings through Bókun either via online booking engine or API, you will pay 2.9%. Only the operator who is taking the booking on their website will pay the service fee.
If a sales agent uses the online booking engine, for example at a hotel, is there still a 2.9% service fee?
Yes. For any confirmed online booking, whether direct online or via a Storefront will have a service fee of 2.9%.
Why is it free? How is Bókun and TripAdvisor benefiting from me not paying? Are you taking my data and information instead?
Bókun does not share our customer data with the TripAdvisor Experiences/Viator account management teams. Trust is a brand value at TripAdvisor. We made that commitment and we stand by it. Our goal is to bring the industry online - and that requires a product that’s not only powerful, but also affordable for operators of any size, in any market. That’s why our new model makes the majority of our channels free, and offers an entirely cost-free option for operators.
Is the Bókun Storefront considered an online booking engine, and will I be charged to use it?
Yes. The Storefront is considered part of the Bókun Direct Online Booking. If you choose to use the Bókun Online Booking Widget, Storefront, or Bókun API, you will pay a service fee of 2.9%, which you can choose to pay directly or incorporate into the traveler’s total booking cost.
I sell free products in Bókun. Is there still a fee?
No, Bókun charges 2.9% of your total direct online bookings. If you offer free products, the 2.9% will not pertain to you.
We are here to help if you have any questions. Simply reach out to email@example.com.