Bókun offers live integration with online travel agencies (OTAs) such as Expedia. A live integration is a direct connection to a sales channel. When a traveler is looking at your products on an OTAs' website, such as Expedia.com, the website will display availability directly from your Bókun account. When a booking is created on their website, the booking information will be delivered straight to your Bókun account, updating the availability of all your connected channels, automatically.
How to Get Started with Bókun
The first thing to do is to sign up with Expedia if you haven't already and create your products. Please note that you need to have active products on Expedia in order to connect them to Bókun.
Note: Before you begin the integration process, make sure that your products (activities on Expedia), start times, rates, pricing categories (ticket types on Expedia) are matching on both platforms.
Step 1: Connecting Bókun and Expedia
1. Click OTAs in the left-hand side menu.
2. Click Expedia local expert
3. Click Sell through this channel to begin integration
Please note that this does not automatically connect your accounts. The actual connection is made by Expedia.
Step 2: Reach out to your account manager at Expedia and request a Bókun integration. Please provide your Bókun ID to the account manager.
What happens next?
Your account manager at Expedia will either connect the accounts or have Bókun fill out the information needed to connect. Providing your Bókun ID is required to accurately fill out the connectivity files. You can find your Bókun ID in the top right corner of your screen, e.g. (12345) your company name.
The file will be sent back to your Expedia representative. It takes approximately 48-72 hours for the integration to be completed once the Expedia representative receives the file back. Once Expedia connects your products, you will be fully connected!
There are few things you need to keep in mind:
- Prices on Expedia are not transferred from Bókun. The prices that appear on Expedia are the prices you add to Expedia when you create your products. Expedia only transfers availability from Bókun.
- Updating availability in Bókun will automatically update in real-time across any distribution channels you have connected with Bókun. This includes adding new availability and closing out specific dates and times.
- Expedia does not support the Min. Passengers per booking feature in rates. You can however, via your Availability calendar, set your experience to be bookable only if a minimum number of participants is met.
- Start times, rates, and pricing categories in Expedia must match the information in Bókun. If you need to delete any of these, please contact us at email@example.com. Deleting a start time, rate or price category that is connected will break the connection.
- The products you want to sell on Expedia must be selected in your contract terms for Expedia. Find out more.
What do I do if I need to update my products?
Please contact your account manager if you need to update or add:
- Pricing categories/ticket types
- Group or private tour options
- Start times
- Add new products
What happens after the integration is live?
- Bookings from all products connected to Expedia will appear instantly and automatically in your Bókun system.
- Expedia will continue processing the payment from your customers, You will invoice Expedia and get paid from Expedia as before.
- If you change one of your products in Bókun, e.g. update your pricing categories, you will need to notify your account manager at Expedia, so they can update your connection with Expedia.
What do I need to do when I add a new product in Bókun or Expedia?
If you want to create new products, you must add the new products to both Expedia and Bókun. Find out more.