This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to get cancelled bookings to your Google Calendar.
This integration is for experience products only.
Please note that when signing up you will be enrolled in a free 7 day premium account which reverts to a standard/free account at the end of the trial. A premium subscription is needed for Parts 1, 2 & 3 of the Google Calendar integration.
If you have not set up and account with Zapier.com you need to do so before proceeding.
Step 1: Creating the Zap
- Click on Make a Zap in the top right corner
- Select Webhook by Zapier as the App
3. Select Catch Hook and click Continue
4. Click Continue
5. Copy Custom Webhook URL field
6. Navigate to your Bokun account
7. Go to the hidden menu by clicking the gear icon, then click on Integrated Systems
8. Click Add and select HTTP product booking notification
(NOT HTTP booking notification)
9. Paste Custom Webhook URL into the URL field
10. Title: Booking Cancelled
11. Select the box Notify on booking cancelled and Active
How settings should appear in Bokun within the integrated systems section
Step 2: Cancel a Booking in Bokun for Zapier
During this step Zapier will try to find a cancelled booking. It is recommended that you cancel the booking you created for Part 1 of the Zapier integration. How to cancel a booking in Bokun
- Cancel the booking
- Go back to Zapier
- Zapier will display a Hook A, select that hook
- Click Done Editing
Step 3: Configuring Google Calendar
- Use the + to add another step to the Zap
- Select Google Calendar as the app and Delete Event as the action
- Choose the correct Google Calendar account (needs to be the same as the account in Part 1: Booking Created)
- Fill out template, this will be the template for all bookings that are made and how they will appear in your Google calendar -- this template can be similar to the picture below
- Need to have start and end date/time match the Part 1: Booking Created
- Use code #dc2127 -- while optional this will give a cancelled event a red color on your calendar versus the default blue.
- Click Continue
Important -- make sure to account for timezone differences (this integration operates in UTC 0 or GMT +/- 0). This should be the same for Parts 1 & 2 of this Google Calendar integration.
Finishing your Zap:
- Click Test & Continue
- If successful you will see the below picture
- Turn on your Zap and name it Booking Cancelled
Always double check your Google calendar to ensure the cancelled booking appears. If you are struggling to finish this Zap or other aspects of the Google Calendar integration don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support!