This guide covers how to have your bookings automatically updated when you rebook an experience for a customer.
Please note Updating Bookings integration will require a payed for Zapier account as this integration requires a mutil-step zap
If you have not set up and account with Zapier.com and completed Part 1, follow the steps in this article before continuing with Part 2 or 3.
Step 1: Login into your Zapier account
- Click on make a zap in the top right corner
- Search for webhook by zapier and select it
3. Select Catch hook and click Save + Continue
4. Click Continue
5. Copy paste text field
6. Open a new tab and sign into your Bokun account
7. Go to the Cog Wheel (gear icon in the top right), then click on Integrated Systems
8. Click Add and select HTTP product booking notification
(NOT HTTP booking notification)
9. Copy and paste text into URL field
10. Title: Updated booking
11. Select the box "Notify on booking updated"
12. Navigate back to Zapier
13. Click on blue button that says “I did this”
Step 2: Rebook an Experience in Bokun
It is recommended you search for the booking you made in Google Calendar Integration: Part 1. Will need to search for a booking by Confirmation Code.
- Go to Bokun> Salesfeed>Search for the booking using the Invoice Product Confirmation Code
- Select a confirmation code (select the top product code)
- Rebook experience to a new date (keep other aspects of the booking the same)
- Go back to Zapier
- Zapier will display a “Hook A”, click continue
- Select Google Calendar as the app to connect
- For "Choose Action Event" select Create Detailed Event from the drop down
- Within "Choose Account" select your google calendar
Step 3: Finding the Event in Google Calendar:
Need to add this as your second step for this zap. This zap allows Zapier to search for and update a customers booking.
- Select your Calendar
- Input the Confirmation Coed as your Search Term
3. Test & Review -- A successful test will find the event
Step 4: Updating Event:
This will be the 3rd and final step of your Zap.
- After a successful test in Step 2 (finding event) we can update the booking information
- For the "Event" factor select use a Custom Value for Event ID
- Custom Value ID = Step 2 Code (looks similar to nbabrc5l609rpvub0f4k04g1e0)
- Can keep summary and description data similar to Part 1
- IMPORTANT! -- Make sure your Start/End Date & Time is accounted for timezone differences (+/- hr)
- Test & review
- A successful test will show the rebooked experience moved to the correct date and time.
- (If successful) Turn on Zap
If successful you should have a Zap that has 3 steps and total and looks like the picture below.
If you are struggling to finish this Zap or other aspects of the Google Calendar integration don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support!