This integration is for experience products only.
Step 1: You need to set up an account with Zapier.com and connect your Google calendar with Zapier. *Please note that when signing up you will be enrolled in a free 7 day premium account which reverts to a standard/free account at the end of the trial*
You do not need a premium Zapier account to integrate new bookings or cancelled bookings.
For instructions on how to connect Zapier and Google Calendar visit this page
Once you have set up an account with Zapier, you can continue with the following steps. This article covers how to add new bookings to Google Calendar.
Step 2: Login into your Zapier account
- Click on Make a zap in the top right corner
- Search for webhook by zapier and select it
- Select Catch hook and click Save + Continue
- Click Continue
- Copy paste text field
- Open a new tab and sign into your Bokun account
- Go to the hidden menu by clicking the cogwheel, then click on integrated systems
- Click Add and select HTTP product booking notification
- Copy and paste text into URL field
- Title: Booking Created
- Select the box Notify on booking confirmed
- Go back to Zapier
- Click on blue button that says “I did this”
During this step Zapier will try to find a new booking made. If you are not getting constant bookings you can create a manual booking in Bokun to ensure Zapier and Bokun are connected.
Create a Manual Booking in Bokun:
- Go to Bokun> Bookings> Book: Experiences
- Select a product and make a booking
- Go back to Zapier
- Zapier will display a “Hook A”, click continue
- Now, go to the left hand side to the button that says “Add a Step”(This step will add info to google calendar)
- Create Detailed Event
- Your google calendar should appear, click continue
- Fill out template, this will be the template for all bookings that are made and how they will appear in your Google calendar
Fill Out the Template:
Calendar: select your calendar
Summary: Add the title of the booking
Description: This is the information you want to appear in you calendar
- To add customers’ name select: “parent booking customer first name” and “parent booking customer last name”
- To add confirmation code: product confirmation code
Start date/time: the time that the tour begins
End date/ time: the time that the tour ends
*Important* The integration operates in UTC+0 so if the timezone you operate in is ahead or behind you must account for that time difference.
- Send to Google Calendar
- Add a Name, for example: Created Event in Bokun
- Turn Zap On
Add a name, for example: Create Event in Bokun
STEP 3: Check your Google calendar for the test booking that you made. If the booking does not appear make sure that you are pasting the correct text into Bokun.
**Be aware that this integration is only good for bookings made in the future. Bookings already made before the connection will not appear.**
Here you can find the instructions in a video format:
When completed, you can move onto Part 2 and Part 3:
How to Connect Bokun to Google Calendar - Updated Bookings (Part 2)
How to Connect Bokun to Google Calendar- Canceled Bookings (Part 3)