This integration is for experience products only.
Please note that when signing up you will be enrolled in a free 7 day premium account which reverts to a standard/free account at the end of the trial. A premium subscription is needed for Parts 1, 2 & 3 of the Google Calendar integration.
Step 1: You need to set up an account with Zapier.com and connect your Google calendar with Zapier
For instructions on how to connect Zapier and Google Calendar visit this page
Once you have set up an account with Zapier, you can continue with the following steps. This article covers how to add new bookings to Google Calendar.
Step 2: Login into your Zapier account
- Click on Make a Zap in the top right corner
- Search for Webhook by Zapier as your app/event.
3. Select Catch Hook and click Save + Continue
4. Click Continue
5. Copy Custom Webhook URL
6. Open a new tab and sign into your Bókun account
7. Go to the Cog Wheel (gear icon in the top right), then click on Integrated Systems
8. Click Add and select HTTP product booking notification
(NOT HTTP booking notification)
9. Paste Custom Webhook URL into the URL field
10. Title: Booking Created
11. Select the box Notify on booking confirmed and Active
How settings should appear in Bókun within the integrated systems section
Step 3: Create a Manual Booking in Bókun
During this step Zapier will try to find a new booking made. You should create a manual booking in Bókun to ensure Zapier has data from Bókun. If you are not sure how to create a manual booking instructions can be found here
- Create booking in Bókun
- Navigate back to Zapier
- Zapier will display a Hook A, click Done Editing
Step 4: Creating Detailed Event in your Calendar
- Select Google Calendar as the app to connect
- For Choose Action Event select Create Detailed Event from the drop down
- Within Choose Account select your Google Calendar
- Within Customize Detailed Event fill out the data fields. This will be the template for all bookings that are made and how they will appear in your Google calendar going forward.
Calendar: select your calendar -- it is important to make sure that you select the same google calendar as selected in the previous step
Summary: Add the title of the booking
Description: This is the information you want to appear in you calendar
- To add customers’ name select: “Parent Booking Customer First Name” and “Parent Booking Customer Last Name”
- To add a confirmation code select "Product Confirmation Code"
- Title of tour is the "Activity Title"
Start date/time: the time that the tour begins
End date/ time: the time that the tour ends
The integration operates in UTC+0 so if the timezone you operate in is ahead or behind you must account for that time difference. There must be a space between eh code and the +/-hr
Step 5: Finishing your Zap
- Select Test & Continue to send the booking to your Google Calendar (if successful continue to 2+3)
- Add a name to your Zap, for example: Booking Created in Bókun
- Turn your Zap On!
Always check your Google calendar for the test booking that you made. If the booking does not appear make sure that you are pasting the correct text into Bókun.
Be aware that this integration is only good for bookings made in the future. Bookings already made before the connection will not appear.
When completed, you can move onto Parts 2 & 3!