What is the deviation between PayPal Token and PayPal Payment Page?
PayPal Payment page redirects customers to a payment page in order to complete their payment while PayPal Token allows your customers to complete their payments on your website. Your customers stay on your website to complete the payment.
How do I get started?
The first thing you need to do is to contact PayPal, make a contract for them to become your payment provider and apply for a Token. When you have a contract in place with PayPal, you can connect PayPal and Bókun.
How do I add PayPal as a payment provider?
1. Click Online Sales in the left menu and click Payment Providers.
2. Click the PayPal logo to add them as your payment provider.
3. Click PayPal Token tab
5. Fill in the following form according to the integration information you get from PayPal. You choose the name yourself, but PayPal provides you with all the other information.
Title: The name you want to give the connection. A common title is PayPal Payments.
Buy Now Token (Client ID): PayPal provides this code.
Currency: Add the currency that you selected to make your PayPal contract.
Where do I find the Client ID?
1. Log in to PayPal developer.
2. Navigate to Express Checkout via Braintree SDK - Live Account.
3. Click on Generate Live Access Token.
4. Copy the AccessToken from the form that appears when you generate the Live Access Token
Please make sure you copy the whole code and that there are no spaces in the fields. You will otherwise get an error message when you try to continue to payment in the booking process. Please note that the code shown in the screenshot below is for demonstration only. You will find your own code on your PayPal account as described above.
6. Paste the code into the Buy Now Token (Client ID) field on Bókun.
7. Click Save.
How does the PayPal Token appear on my website?
A Pay with PayPal button will appear on your checkout widget on your website.
What next? How do I start accepting payments via PayPal Token?
You need to add the payment provider to your Booking Channel. A booking channel is an online sales channel that tracks where your online bookings are coming from. Usually, it will be your company's website. Learn more about Booking Channels.
You can sign up for more than one payment providers, that's why you need to select the correct one. You can for example use one payment provider for your European travelers, and another one for your US travelers.
1. Click Online Sales in the left menu and click Booking Channels.
2. Select the booking channel you want to add the payment provider to.
3. Click Pricing and Payments in the left-hand side menu. Select your payment provider for this booking channel from the drop-down menu and click Continue.
Now you are set and ready to accept payments on your website.
The last step: Test your payment process
After you add a booking engine to your website, it's a good rule to create a booking and pay for it. This is to test both the booking process and to double-check that your payment option is functioning as it should. Learn more about how you can add a booking engine to your website and test the whole booking process.