You have three different payment options you can offer for your online bookings.
- Full payment online (via payment provider)
- Deposit payment online (% of full price)
- Pay on arrival (no online payment)
You can offer only one option or you can offer all three options to your customer. That way, you allow them to choose in the booking process what is best for them.
How do I charge the customer for the remaining deposit payment and pay on arrival payment?
With deposit payments and allowing the customer to pay on arrival, you need to charge the customer the full amount or remaining amount when they arrive at your location. You can also send them a payment link outside Bókun before they arrive. Bókun doesn't offer the option to charge the remaining amount.
How do I set up different payment options?
Payment options are set per booking channel. A booking channel is an online sales channel that tracks where your online bookings are coming from. Usually, it will be your company's website. Learn more about booking channels.
1. Click Sales Tools > Booking channels In widget open the settings for your checkout widget, by selecting its name:
2. Click the booking channel you want to edit in the list.
3. Click Payment methods in the left-hand side panel and choose Allow additional payment methods if you'd like to allow your customers to make deposit payments and pay on arrival. Click Continue.
4. Adjust the settings as you'd like for Full payments, Deposits and Pay on Arrival in the left-hand side panel.
The settings you can adjust are:
- Discount if full payment / deposit / pay on arrival. Here you can add percentage discount, e.g. 10%.
- Minimum days before booking for full payment discount / deposit / arrival
Deposit payments. How many days before departure is this payment option available, e.g. deposit is available until 30 days before departure.
- Full payment / deposit / pay on arrival discount is percentage. Here you decide if the discount in point 1, is a fixed amount or discount. Percentage discount is recommended.
When you have adjusted the settings as you would like, click Save & continue.
What next? How do I start accepting deposits and pay on arrival payments on my website?
The next step is to add the booking engine to your website and check out how it works. Here you have information on how you can add a booking engine to your website.