To manually book experiences, click Bookings from the top bar and then click Book: Experiences from the drop down list.
At the top of the page you can select "agent or affiliate" and the "currency" you want to book in. The product list and prices will adjust according to what you selected.
You have multiple options of searching for activities to book. Across the screen you have a banner where you can search for:
- Product title, e.g. Golden Circle, Kayaking, Pub Crawl, etc.
- Start date and end date, e.g. if you are looking for all available activities from 1st of June until 6th of June.
- Quantity of passengers, e.g. if you need to find availability for group of 15 passengers.
Then on the right hand side of the screen you have a side bar where you can filter search results by:
- Operator: the supplier of the activity you are looking for
- Experience type: you can search by day tours or multiday tours.
- Categories, e.g. hop on hop off, walking tours
- Attributes, a specification that defines the product
- Country, the country where the tour takes place
- City, the city where the tour takes place
- Guided languages
Note that these filters are based on information that suppliers add to their products. It could be that there are experiences that are not categorised and will not be found by these filters. These information are added in the experience setup.
Above the search filter on the right there are two buttons that allow you to switch between list view and grid view with images of your bookable products. If you select e.g. list view the system remembers that next time you log in.
List view. To book here select the name of the product.
Grid/image view.: To book here select the picture of the product.
Additional to Experiences you have tabs to book different products types: Accommodation, Car Rentals and Transport. You can switch between the tabs and add as many products to your shopping cart as needed:
After you have selected the product you would like to book, you get to a screen that is showing more information on the product and where you have a booking engine where you select, date, time, quantity of passengers, as well as extras and pickup if applicable.
When you select book, you get a pop up window where you can select to continue with the booking or go back and select more products in the shopping cart, e.g. add another experience.
Now we selected "Finish this booking" then you get to a page where you add the customer name, e-mail and other details. You will also have the option to search for an existing customer in the system.
Start by adding the customers information, first and last name etc.
Press continue to go to the next step.
After you press continue you'll get to booking questions. If there are any booking questions listed for this product or booking channel, they will appear on the screen now.
What information could come here are:
- add pickup place
- add drop off place
- fill in answers related to extras, e.g. shoe size if you added hiking boots
- product related questions. E.g. are you allergic to some food, in the case lunch is included.
Fill in the information and then select "Continue" to finish the booking.
In this final step you have an overview of which products have been added to the shopping cart. In this step you can add:
- Discount to your booking
- Edit the tax that is added to it
- Add custom line items to the invoice
- Add promotional code to give discount
- Add booking label
- Add external booking reference
- Select to send (checked box) or not to send (not checked box) the ticket to the customer.
The last thing to do before confirming the booking to add payment to the booking. There are two to three payment options, depending on your account:
- Pay Online Now - if you have added a payment provider to accept online payment you will see this option. If selected you will be redirected to your payment page where you can add a credit card number and finalise the payment.
- Enter payment manually - if selected you will get three payment options. Cash, Card and Voucher from external system. All of them will appear as paid in the suppliers system.
- Pay Later - this options means that you, as the seller, will have to collect payment later. NOTE this option does NOT mean that the customer will pay on arrival. The supplier will see that the booking is fully paid. It is the sellers responsibility to collect payment before departure.
When the booking has been saved you are moved to the booking where you can edit it and find all the information you just added. Further information on how edit bookings can be found here.
For a live presentation on some of the main features available to help manage your day-to-day business operations with Bókun (including the sales feed, how to create a manual booking, closing out dates, reporting, and more), please register for our next webinar HERE.