How do I get started?
The first thing you need to do is to contact Borgun (borgun.com or borgun.is), make a contract for them to become your payment provider and apply for a Payment Page. When you have a contract in place with Borgun, you can connect Borgun and Bókun.
How do I add Borgun as a payment provider?
1. Click Online Sales in the left menu and click Payment Providers.
2. Click on the blue Set up a new Payment Provider button in order to configure Borgun as your payment provider.
3. Click the PayPal logo to add them as your payment provider.
4. Click Borgun payment page.
5. Fill in the following form according to the integration information you get from Borgun. You choose the name yourself but Borgun provides you with all the other information.
Please make sure you copy the whole code and that there are no spaces in the fields. You will otherwise get an error message when you try to continue to payment in the booking process.
6. Click Save.
What next? How do I start accepting payments via Borgun payment page?
You need to add the payment provider to your Booking Channel. A booking channel is an online sales channel that tracks where your online bookings are coming from. Usually, it will be your company's website. Learn more about Booking Channels.
You can sign up for more than one payment providers, that's why you need to select the correct one. You can for example use one payment provider for your European travelers, and another one for your US travelers.
1. Click Online Sales in the left menu and click Booking Channels.
2. Select the booking channel you want to add the payment provider to.
3. Click Pricing and Payments in the left-hand side menu. Select your payment provider for this booking channel from the drop-down menu and click Continue.
4. Now you are set and ready to accept payments on your website.
The last step: Test your payment process
After you add a booking engine to your website, it's a good rule to create a booking and pay for it. This is to test both the booking process and to double-check that your payment option is functioning as it should. Learn more about how you can add a booking engine to your website and test the whole booking process.