Pricing Categories are used to define your product prices per Adult, Child, Group, etc. Pricing categories are created centrally in the platform and added to each of your products as needed.
These categories can be created and defined to suit your needs. They can be connected to age limits and it's possible to define dependency between pricing categories, e.g. for each booked adult it is only possible to book one child.
Create Pricing Categories
Click Products in the top bar and click Pricing categories from the drop-down menu.
You already have three pricing categories set up by default; Adults, Children and Teenagers. Click on the blue Add button in the right-hand corner of the screen to add a new one.
- Title: Enter a name for your pricing category. This could be e.g. Group, Price per ticket, Family of four etc. This field is mandatory.
- Ticket Category: Select the category that best describes your ticket type
- For internal use only: Check this box if you're creating a pricing category for internal use only, e.g. a “Free Ticket” category that only you and your staff can book
- Occupancy: Add the number of seats this category occupies. If you are e.g. making a price category for a group of 4 people, you select 4 in this field. That way 4 seats/spaces of your product get booked when that price category is selected.Please note: this is not the maximum number of participants for each departure.
- Age qualified: These fields are used to determine the age range for this particular pricing category, e.g. Children 7-14 years old. Note that there is no need to add both upper and limit if they're not applicable, e.g. for adults there is no need to add an upper limit. These are optional fields.
- Set max sum for dependent categories: These fields allow you to create a dependency between your pricing categories. You can e.g. define that each booked adult can only book one child/teenager. These are optional fields.
- Set max sum for dependent categories: This field allows you to define the max sum of dependent categories. Let's say that you have set your Children and Teenager categories so that they need to be booked with an Adult. You can then define in your Adult category that each booked Adult can only book 1 of the dependent categories by adding 1 in this field. In this case you can book 1 Adult and 1 Child OR Teenager. Not 1 Child and 1 Teenager.
- Flags: Not applicable unless you are using API to connect pricing categories to external systems.
Remember to click Save before continuing.
Add Pricing Categories to Products
Click Products from the top bar and Experiences from the drop down menu
Click the product you intend to add pricing categories to.
Click Pricing > Pricing categories. Select the pricing categories you want to add from the drop-down and then click on Save & Continue.
Once you've added your pricing categories, you can change the default one if required or delete those you don't need.
How do my pricing categories appear in the online booking engine?
Once you've selected your pricing categories, they will appear in your online booking engine so your customer can book the appropriate ones.