Bókun can be integrated with other systems via Webhooks. This article explains how to get data flowing from Bókun to Zapier. You might also want to try other systems like: automate.io, PieSync, dsync, built.io, ifttt or oneSaas (none of these have been tested with Bókun yet, but please try if you feel confident about webhooks).
Set up your Zapier app (ZAP)
Please note that when signing up you will be enrolled in a free 7 day premium account which reverts to a standard/free account at the end of the trial. A premium subscription is needed for Parts 1, 2 & 3 of the Google Calendar integration.
Let's do this step by step.
Once logged in, click the MAKE A ZAP button at the top of your screen.
You can now select or search for a trigger apps. Select the app called WEBHOOKS.
In the left sidebar, you will see your progress. At this point you should be at step 1 and the sub-step should be: Choose Trigger:
In the main content section, select Catch Hook and click Save + Continue.
You are now forwarded to the Edit Options step. This is optional, and you can configure this later as well. Click Continue.
You are now at TEST THIS STEP. Zapier presents you with an URL that looks something like this: https://hooks.zapier.com/hooks/catch/31570/6oqodi/
This URL will be used to push information about bookings from Bókun to Zapier. From there you can do what ever you would like Zapier to do with your data.
Let's go back to Bókun now.
Configure Bo-ókun to send information to Zapier
Let's keep doing this step by step.
Log into your Bókun account.
Navigate to YOUR COMPANY > INTEGRATED SYSTEMS
Click ADD at the top of the page
Click HTTP Booking notification to create a webhook setup for Zapier. Following are descriptions of each field and what you should do with each one to begin with. (Each setup varies, based on the data you want to push from Bókun to Zapier)
- Type: This field tells you what type of integration you have made.
- Title: The name of your integration. Example: Bókun > Zapier. This is for you only.
- Description (Optional): This field can be used to describe the reasons for the integration to exist.
- Active: Check this to make the Integration active. Uncheck to disable at a later stage.
- Flags (Optional): Advanced feature to sort integrations and to make further alterations.
- Booking Channel: Define the booking channel you want to push towards Zapier.
- URL (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT): Copy the URL Zapier created for you and enter it here. (STEP 6 in the first section of this article)
- Data Format: You can select the format for your data (we use JSON in this example)
- Query Parameters: Advanced functions to alter the data sent to Zapier. Play with this as much as you like.
- Notify on booking confirmed: When a booking is confirmed (created), Bókun will push information to the webhook.
- Notify on booking updated: When a booking is updated (changed) Bókun will push information to the webhook.
- Notify on booking cancelled: When a booking is cancelled, Bókun will push information to the webhook.
Click Save. You are now pushing data to Zapier.
Test your Webhook
Go back to your ZAP and click TEST THIS STEP.
Go back to Bókun (in another browser tab) and create a test booking. This will push data to your ZAP.
Your ZAP should now test positive. You can then advance to STEP two in your ZAP setup.
The world is your oyster now, do everything you like with the data from Bókun. You can filter, trigger, delay and then push actions to any other serious cloud based SAAS platform.