There are two steps to add taxes to products.
- First you define the tax and configure its components.
- Then you apply the tax to your products.
1. Define Taxes for products
"Taxes" can be found under the gear icon in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Click on "Add".
Add the following information:
- Title: The name of the tax in the system, e.g. VAT, Sales Tax or VSK.
- Default tax for new: Define which new products the tax should automatically be applied to. E.g. if you select "Experience" from the drop-down menu, the tax will be automatically set to all new experiences.
Note that you can also add taxes manually to individual items.
- This tax is included in price list prices. Check this box if the tax is included in the prices in your price catalog. If your prices are exclusive of tax, do not check this box.
- Rounding mode: Select how your tax is rounded off.
- Tax currency: Select the currency of the tax.
Click the "Add tax component" button to define the percentage of the tax.
Add a title for your text component and percentage. Tick the box next to "Compounding with other taxes" if that option applies.
Save your changes.
2. Apply Taxes
When you save the changes you've made, you are automatically forwarded to the "Apply taxes" tool. This is where you apply the new tax to your existing products.
On this list you can always manually apply and remove tax rules from your products.
Future products will get taxed automatically as you defined before.
Remember to save your changes.