What is a live integration?
A live integration is a direct connection to a sales channel. When a traveler is looking at your products on an online travel agencies' (OTAs') website, such as Viator.com, Viator will display availability directly from your Bókun account. When a booking is created on their website, the booking information will be sent to your Bókun account, updating the availability of all your connected channels automatically.
How do I get the integration process started?
To get started with your Viator integration, you need to sign up for a Viator account, if you don't have an account with them already. Once you have signed up with Viator, you will need to create your products in the TripAdvisor Management Center. If you already have a Viator account, contact Bókun through our support chat or email support at email@example.com to begin the Viator integration process.
Is there a way to add my Viator products into Bókun automatically?
Yes, if you already have products created in the TripAdvisor Management Center, Bókun can import your products. Please keep in mind that products must exist on both platforms before they can be connected, and it's only possible to import products into Bókun from Viator, not the other way around.
What information does Bókun need to import my products?
Bókun will need your Viator ID number which can be found in the top right hand corner of your Viator account:
What happens after Bókun imports my products into my Bókun account?
Once your products have been imported into your account, Bókun will review them for accuracy, and then make the integration between Bókun and Viator. You will be in direct contact with Bókun during this time.
How can I contact my Viator travelers through Bókun?
Send them an email directly from the Sales feed by clicking on Send email. Bókun generates a temporary email address for all Viator bookings so you can email the traveler up until 30 days after their departure. The email addresses can also be exported into a sales feed report.
What happens after the Viator integration is complete?
After the integration is complete, you’ll be able to manage your products directly on Bókun. Here’s some important information about managing your products after the integration:
- Start times, Rates, and Pricing categories in Viator must match with Bókun. If you need to edit or delete any of these, please contact us. Making changes to this will break the connection.
- Please be aware that booking cut-offs set in Bókun needs to match booking cutoff in Viator.
- To cancel a booking from Viator, you will need to cancel it in Viator. That cancels the booking both in Viator and in Bókun along with refunding the customer. Cancelling the booking in Bókun will only cancel it in Bókun and do nothing else.
- Amendments to bookings from Viator are not delivered to Bókun. You will need to update bookings both in Bókun and in Viator.
- If you need to add a new product, simply create it in Viator first, and then reach out to the Bókun team to have it imported and connected with Bókun.
- When updating product information in Bókun, please note that product descriptions, images, pricing, itineraries, cancellation policies and extras will not automatically update in Viator.
- Your current payment system with Viator does not change when you use Bókun.
How do I create a new product in Bókun or in Viator?
To add a new product, there are three steps you need to complete:
1. Create the Product in Viator first, then we can have it imported from Viator to Bókun. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to import the new product.
2. Add the new product to your Viator contract terms. Select Contracts from the top bar and then select Contract terms from the drop down list:
Select the Viator.com contract terms from your list of contract terms:
Select Product selection and add your new product to the list of selected products for Viator. You add products by clicking on the plus symbol on the left hand side of the product names.
Once the product has been selected, it gets added to the selected product list on the right hand side of the screen. Make sure to save your changes.
3. Contact Bókun Support (email@example.com) and ask them to connect your new product to Viator.
Please see the video below for an overview of the Bókun-Viator integration.