To be able to book tours from other suppliers the first thing you need to do is to make sure you have a Marketplace contract in place. If you don't have contracts with suppliers yet, start by finding suppliers and connect to them.
Here is information on how to set up contracts with your suppliers.
To create a booking, either for you own products or the products from some of your suppliers, start by selecting Bookings on the top bar and then select Create booking from the drop down list.
You have multiple options of searching for activities to book. Across the screen you have a banner where you can search for:
- Product title, e.g. Golden Circle
- Start date and end date, e.g. if you are looking for all available activities from 1st of June until 6th of June.
- Quantity of passengers, e.g. if you need to find availability for group of 15 passengers.
Then on the right-hand side of the screen you have a side bar where you can filter search results by:
- Operator: the supplier of the activity you are looking for
- Experience type: you can search by day tours or multi-day tours.
- Categories, e.g. hop on hop off, walking tours
- Attributes, a specification that defines the product
- Country, the country where the tour takes place
- City, the city where the tour takes place
- Guided languages
Note that these filters are based on information that suppliers add to their products. It could be that there are products that are not categorized and will not be found by these filters.
Above the search filter on the right there are two buttons that allow you to switch between list view and grid view with images of your bookable products. If you select e.g. list view the system remembers that next time you log in.
List view. To book here select the name of the product.
Grid/image view.: To book here select the picture of the product.
After you have selected the product you would like to book, you get to a screen that is showing more information on the product and where you have a booking engine where you select, date, time, quantity of passengers, as well as extras and pickup if applicable.
When you select book, you get a pop up window where you can select to continue with the booking or go back and select more products in the shopping cart, e.g. add another tour or accommodation.
Now you select "Finish this booking" then you go to a page where you add the customer name, e-mail and other details. You will also have the option to search for an existing customer in the system.
Start by adding the customer's information, first and last name etc.
Press continue to get to the next step.
After you press continue you'll get to booking questions.
If there are any booking questions listed for this product or booking channel, they will appear on the screen now.
What information could come here are:
- Add pickup place
- Add drop off place
- Fill in answers related to extras, e.g. shoe size if you added hiking boots
- Product related questions. E.g. Are you allergic to some foods stuff, in the case lunch is included.
Fill in the asked for information and then select "Continue" to finish the booking.
If there are no questions asked, press "Continue" to finish the booking.
In this final step you have an overview of which products have been added to the shopping cart. In this step you can add:
- Discount to your booking
- Edit the tax that is added to it
- Add custom line items to the invoice
- Add promotional code to give discount
- Ad booking label
- Add external booking reference
- Select to send (checked box) or not to send (not checked box) the ticket to the customer.
The last thing to do before confirming the booking to add payment to the booking. There are two to three payment options, depending on your account:
- Pay Online Now - if you have added a payment provider to accept online payment you will see this option. If selected you will be redirected to your payment page where you can add a credit card number and finalise the payment.
- Enter payment manually - if selected you will get three payment options. Cash, Card and Voucher from external system. All of them will appear as paid in the suppliers' system.
- Pay Later - this options means that you, as the seller, will have to collect payment later. NOTE this option does NOT mean that the customer will pay on arrival. The supplier will see that the booking is fully paid. It is the sellers' responsibility to collect payment before departure.
When the booking has been saved you are moved to the booking where you can edit it and find all the information you just added. Further information on how edit bookings can be found here.