If you want to accept bookings on your website, you must embed a booking engine widget. Embedding the booking engines relies on iFrames that are added to your website's source code. To add a booking engine to your website, you generate an embed code which you then paste on to your website.
Below is an example of a Experiences booking engine widget.
First Things First:
There are a few steps you need to take before you can add the booking engine to your website.
- Add a Booking channel- this is your website
- Add a Payment Provider - needed if you intend to take payment online
- Create Terms and conditions- needed for the checkout process
How to Create a Widget Code
1. Navigate to the "cog wheel" in the top right corner of the page, then select “Widgets” from the side bar:
2. You will now see two widgets:
The default experience time selector and the default checkout. These are automatically created by Bokun.
Embed Widget Settings
Booking Channel - (Mandatory)
Select the booking channel for this booking engine. Booking channel is e.g. your website, or any other website where you might add your booking engine. What a booking channel does is to track where your sales originate from.
Supplier - (Mandatory)
Select the supplier who owns the product you are creating a booking engine for. That could be you, or any supplier you have an active contract with on the Marketplace.
Product - (Mandatory)
Here you select the product this booking engine is for. The product list updates, depending on which supplier you have selected.
Link to Affiliate (Optional)
What you can do in Bókun is to produce a booking engine and send the code to someone else who can embed the booking engine to their own website. In that case, you probably would like to track the commission the seller should get for selling your products. To do that you can create an affiliate in Bókun, then you can select the correct affiliate from this drop-down list to link the affiliate to this booking engine.
Select the language the booking engine should be in. English is the default language. If you would like to create booking engines in other languages, you first have to activate the language and translate your content.
Choose the currency your booking engine should be in. Your default currency will be the default setting here.
Allows you to use non-secure embedding. Please use this only if you know what you are doing. This is an advanced feature.
Automatically size the iframe to fit content (Optional)
Bókun's booking engines are platform independent and responsive. If you want to override the default size for iframes, you can do so. This is an advanced feature.
After you have set the parameters for the widget, click the Generate embed code button to the right of the settings pane. The Embed code appears in the box below the button. This is the code you should copy and paste where the booking engine is supposed to be located on your website.
To preview the widget before you embed it to your website, click the Preview button below the code.
- How to add credit cart payment option to my online booking engine? My booking engine says "No payment provider has been configured for this booking channel"
- How to create and edit Time selector widget
- How to set my booking engine to show a drop-down list of products vs. just showing one product?
- Do I have to take payment from my customers when they book? Can I just ask my customers to pay on arrival?
Can I take a deposit payment online? Or can I offer more than one payment option, e.g. full payment now or deposit payment?