Live integration means that when a customer is looking at your products on an OTAs' websites such as Viator.com, they will be displaying availability directly from your Bókun account.
When a booking is created on their website, it will be delivered straight into your Bókun account, updating the availability of all your connected channels at the same time.
How do I get started?
You need to start by signing up for a Viator account if you don't have an account with them already.
Once you have signed up with Viator, you will need to create your products in the Viator Extranet.
To have your products imported into Bókun from Viator, you can contact Bókun via their support chat or email support at email@example.com to begin your integration process.
Once your products have been imported, Bókun will review them for accuracy and connect them to Viator. You will be contacted directly during this time.
Please keep in mind that products must exist on both platforms before they can be connected and that it's only possible to import products into Bókun from Viator, not the other way around.
Where do I find my Viator supplier ID?
Your Supplier ID number is located in the top right hand corner on your Viator account:
What happens after the integration is active?
- Updating availability in Bókun will automatically update in real-time across any distribution channels you have connected with Bókun. This includes adding new availability and closing out specific dates and times.
- Start times, Rates, and Pricing Categories in Viator must match with Bókun. If you need to edit or delete any of these, please reach out to Bókun. Making changes to this will break the connection.
- Please be aware that booking cutoffs set in Bókun needs to match booking cutoff in Viator.
- To cancel a booking from Viator, you will need to cancel it in Viator. That cancels the booking both in Viator and in Bókun along with refunding the customer. Cancelling the booking in Bókun will only cancel it in Bókun and do nothing else.
- If you need to add a new product, simply create it in Viator first, and then reach out to the Bókun team to have it imported and connected with Bókun.
- When updating product information in Bókun, please note that prouct descriptions, images, pricing, itineraries, cancellation policies and extras will not automatically update in Viator.
- Your current payment system with Viator does not change when you use Bókun.
What do I need to do when I add a new product in Bókun or Viator?
If you add new product to Bókun or Viator, there are three steps you need to complete:
1. Create the product on both systems (Bókun and Viator)
2. Add the new product to your Viator Contract Terms
- Select "Contracts" from the top bar and then select "Contract Terms" from the drop down list:
- Select the Viator.com contract terms from your list of contract terms:
- Select "Product Selection" and add your chosen product to the list of selected products for Viator. You add products by clicking on the plus symbol on the left hand side of the product names.
- Once the product has been selected, it gets added to the selected product list on the right hand side of the screen. Make sure to save your changes.
3. Contact Bókun Support and ask them to connect you new product to Viator.