The Marketplace is a platform that enables vendors on Bókun to connect with each other and negotiate terms for commission contracts. If a commission contract is made between two vendors, one can access the other vendor's product supply in real time and make bookings in return for the agreed commission.
Using the Marketplace is a win-win situation for both suppliers and sellers. It increases the supplier's product exposure, leading to an increase in sales which then benefits both the supplier and the seller.
Please note that all vendors can both act as suppliers and sellers in the Marketplace.
Browsing the Marketplace
- Navigate to Contract > Marketplace.
- Bókun will display a list of OTAs' business cards at the top by default and as you scroll down, you will see a random list of other vendors' business cards. In order to find your preferred partner, you can either search by name, filter your search results by country in the search bar or filter them by contracts.
- Once you have found your preferred vendor in the Marketplace you can:
- Evaluate the vendor's products by clicking View Products.
- Take a look at the vendor's price list by clicking View Price list.
- Create a supplier contract proposal by clicking Add as supplier.
- Create a reseller contract proposal by clicking Add as reseller
You have the option of creating two types of contracts in Bókun. The settings for each contract type are the same, but the role of your vendor is reversed for each type:
- Supplier contracts allow you to sell the other vendor's products.
- Reseller contracts allow the other vendor to sell your products.
Choose either option on your preferred partner's business card in the Marketplace and proceed. After filling out the contract proposal with all the required information, write a message to the vendor and then either select the "Request terms" button (if you're the seller) or the "Send Proposal" button (if you're a supplier).
Responding to contract proposals
Once a contract has been proposed the other Vendor will receive a notification via email and will be encouraged to respond to your proposal.
The response can be of three types:
- Contract proposal is accepted and is immediately active.
- Contract proposal is amended and needs be reviewed by you.
- Contract proposal is declined.
Other Sales Channels (OTA Integrations)
It is important to make a distinction between the conventional Marketplace contracts and the integrations to OTA sellers Bókun offers. If you would like to connect your Bókun account to the following sellers, you would not use the Marketplace. Click each seller's name below to find further information on how to integrate with them.