What are booking agent terms, and why do I need to create them?
Booking Agent Terms is the contract between a booking agent and you. It is where you define the commission or discount the booking agent will receive and the products that youwant to make available to the booking agent.
Do I need to create terms for each agent that I work with or can I use the same terms?
You can do both! You can use the same terms for multiple booking agents, or you can create individual contract terms for each agent that you work with.
How to Create Booking Agent Terms:
1. To create booking agent terms select "Contract" on the top menu bar, then select "Booking Agent Terms" from the drop down list.
2. Select "Add" to create a new agent terms
3. Fill out the contract information:
Title: the name of the contract terms
Price Catalog: select the price catalog that you want to use for this contract terms.
Payment currency: select the currency that you want to use for this contract terms. The currency you select will be the currency that the agent will have use to book as well as the currency that will be used to invoive your booking agent.
Product Distribution: select a distribution list to choose which products you want to make available to the agent. Here are information on how to set up Product distribution for agents.
Product Categories: Select which types of products you want to add to this contract terms. Select from experiences, accommodation, car rentals, and tranportation.
4. Add the commission for the product types you selected
If you are giving your booking agent access to products from another supplier (a marketplace supplier), add the supplier on the right side.
Tip: Give your booking agents a lower commission for these products than the commission that your supplier is giving you, so you make a profit!
5. Add the commission for any other products, extras, or pickup/dropoff. You add the same comission for extras and pick-up or a different commission.
6. Save. After you have saved the commission terms, you can go back to the "Booking Agent Terms" tab at the top of the screen.
- Add a booking agent: Learn how to add booking agents