PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FEATURE IS CURRENTLY BEING TESTED AND IS NOT LIVE YET. PLEASE REFER TO OUR OTHER ARTICLES ON WIDGETS.
WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
To accept bookings on your website, you must embed a booking engine widget. To add a booking engine to your website, you generate an embed code which you then paste on to your website.
Embedding the booking engines relies on iFrames that are added to your website's source code.
Overview video of booking engine widgets
How to create widgets
First Things First:
There are a few steps you need to take before you can add the booking engine to your website.
- Add a Booking channel- this is your website
- Add a Payment Provider - needed if you intend to take payment online
- Create Terms and conditions- needed for the checkout process
How to Create a Widget Code
1. Navigate to the "cog wheel" in the top right corner of the page, then select “Online Sales Tools” from the side bar:
2. Choose the type of widget you would like:
A simple booking button that you can edit so it fits your website and brand. When clicked, the booking button opens up a separate window that includes either a product list widget, a product page widget or a calendar widget.
A general booking engine widget that you can add to your website. The calendar widget is directly linked to a checkout widget.
A widget that shows a list of selected products. The list shows pictures, duration and prices for the selected products. If the product is selected you are moved to the Product Page Widget. The product list widget is an easy solution to set up a simple booking website e.g. for a conference or some other event where limited quantity of products are offered.
A widget is a booking engine that shows description, images and a booking engine for the product all in one ready made page. Note, the text description is in an iframe, which means that the text is not found by search engines. This page is good for pages that are sent as links to the end customer, e.g. links to an activity booking page for a conference.
3. Click the "Generate Embed code" button in the widget wizard on the left hand side.
4. Copy the embed code by clicking the "Copy Embed Code" button
This is the code you should paste where the booking engine is supposed to be located on your website.