Accommodation room selector is the first step in you online booking process for accommodation. Here is an example of an Accommodation room selector.
To create the booking engine for Accommodation you need to create two widgets. These widgets are connected together to create a fully functioning online booking engine. The two widgets you need to create are:
- Check-out - here are information on how to create a checkout widget.
- Room selector - is what we are covering in this article.
To create new widgets you have to go to the widget page. To go to the widget page select the "Menu Icon in top left corner" then you select "Widgets" from the drop down list.
Select “add” to create the widget.
This page appears and here you choose the widget that you need to create, in this case we select “Accommodation Room selector” from the list.
There are few parameters that need to be set and they will be described step-by-step.
Title: it is good to create a descriptive title just so your remember if you have more than one accommodation room selector what is the difference between them. As an example: "My Company - Accommodation room selector" or "Accommodation room selector - online discount"
Show room type filter: If you check this box you are adding a filter for your room types on your online booking engine.
Default number of nights: Here you select how many nights are automatically selected when your customers opens you booking engine, the customer can then either lengthen or shorting the stay.
After adding to cart: Here you are selecting where the customer will go after he selects "book" in the booking engine. You have three options.
- Display a message: you are most likely not going to use this option. This is an option you use if you want to tell the customer something. e.g. select more products before going to check out.
- Go to checkout widget: This option is commonly used and means the customer will go directly to "checkout" the step where he adds his information, e.g. name, pickup place etc. If you select this option you select in the line below "Checkout widget" the checkout widget you are using with this time selector.
- Redirect to another page: This options is also commonly used. This option allows you to send the customer to another page (URL) after he selects book. This is used e.g. if you would like to embed the "checkout widget" to a separate page, because it is better for the design if your site. You would also use this option if you are using a shopping cart where the customer has the option of adding multiple products to shopping cart. When you select the "Redirect to another page you add to the "Redirect URL" field the URL you are going to send your customer to. This could be https://mywebsite.com/checkout. Note: that you have to embed your checkout widget to the URL you add to the redirect URL field.
Get affiliate tracking code from query string: by default this box is checked, there is no need to change that. This is related to creating affiliate tracking codes.
Affiliate tracking code query param name. By default it says "trackingCode" in this box. There is no need to change this.
If you are using affiliate tracking code and you want something else to link your code to the URL, than "TrackingCode" you can change this text. The affiliate URL is e.g. like this: website.com/?TrackingCode=[Affiliate code].
Resource References, Custom Head and Custom CSS/LESS: These options allow you to change the lok and feel of your booking engine with CSS or Java Script. Here you can find more information on how to change the look and feel of your booking engines
Remember to save before continuing, so you wont loose your work.