Bókun has a live integration with Expedia Local Expert.
What a live integration means is when a customer is on www.expedia.com looking at your products, Expedia Local Expert. shows availability directly from your Bókun account, and books according to you live availability.
When a booking is created on Expedia, the booking is delivered directly to your Bókun account and appears on all your passenger and pickup lists.
The first thing to do is to signup with Expedia Local Expert (if you haven´t done that already) so that you can get the integration information from you Expedia Local Expert Account.
The first thing to do is to sign up with Expedia Local Expert. Once you have an account with Expedia, the integration can be created.
Setting up the integration in Bókun
You start by selecting "Contracts" on the top bar, then you select "Online Travel Agencies OTA's" from the drop down list.
Select "Sell through this channel" by Expedia Local Expert to create the integration to Expedia Local Expert.
Fill in the form and make sure you check Check the "Active" option.
The last step is to download a CSV file by clicking the Link (see screenshot below) and email the file to Expedia.
What are the steps to set up the integration between Bókun and Expedia.
- Setup your products in Bókun - Bokun support assists you
- Setup your products in Expedia - You destination manager at Expedia assists you
There are few things you need to keep in mind:
- The prices that appear on Expedia, are the prices you add to Expedia when you create your products. The integration send availability from Bókun (no other information) and receives bookings back.
- Bookings that you get back from Expedia, show the prices that you have assigned to the Expedia Booking channel in Bókun (Menu icon in the top left corner -> Booking channels). It could be that these prices do not correspond with the prices on Expedia.
- The default rate on your activity products is sent to Expedia. If you have more than one rate the others will not be available on Expedia.
- Activate the integration between Bókun and Expedia
- Contact your Destination manager at Expedia and let them know that you have activated the integration in Bókun.
- Expedia maps your products from Bókun to Expedia and ask you for the information they need for the mapping.
- Expedia will set your integration live as the mapping is completed. At this point the bookings from Expedia will be sent directly to Bókun.
Step 5 - after you go life
If you change your products in Bókun you need to notify your Destination Manager because they will have to update your mapping. You need to contact your Destination manager if you update or add:
- Pricing categories
- Ticket types
- Start times
- Add new products
What happens after the integration is live?
Bookings from all products mapped to Expedia will appear instantly and automatically in your Bokun system.
Expedia, will as before, process payments from your customer. You will invoice Expedia and get paid from Expedia as before.
If you change one of your products, e.g. update pricing categories in Bokun. You will have to notify your account manager at Expedia and they will have to update your mapping at Expedia.
If you add new products to Bokun. You have to map it to Expedia in Bokun. Then you need set the product up in Expedia system also, and contact your account manager at Expedia so they will map the new product to your product in Expedia.