To set up Hop on hop off bus, you start by creating a regular activity product. Here are information on how to set up a product from scratch
This article will focus on how to set up the specifics you need for a hop on hop off product. This is just one example, your specific product might have some details that are not mentioned here.
There are four things you need to tailor in a product to set up a Hop on hop off bus.
- You set it to be bookable on dates (not date and time)
- You set in the opening/running hours for you bus
- You set up rates for each ticket type you have, e.g. 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours tickets.
The first point, set the product to be booked on a date is set on the "Product Settings" page.
To edit these settings start by selecting the "Product settings" tab in your product.
Almost at the top of the page you can select by "Booking type"
- Date Only. If you do that your customer only selects the date he would like to book. Not any specific departure time.
- Pass. you can also select pass, if your tickets are open and the customer doesn't have to select a date. Then you can e.g. say the ticket is valid for 90 days after purchase date, it expires on a fixed date or is always valid.
When you have selected the date or pass, then remember to scroll to the bottom and save, before continuing.
The next step is to set the opening/running hours for you bus. The opening hours are set on the "overview page" in the product, which you should be on now after saving in the last step.
To add opening hours select "add" in the Opening Hours box:
Set your opening hours. You can set your opening hours as time from and to. You can also add frequency of departures, e.g. every 10 min. Remember to save at the bottom of the page, before continuing.
Note the opening hours will be displayed in the online booking engine and on the ticket the customer receives at the time of booking.
The last thing to do is to create the Rates for each ticket type you have. Here we have three ticket options. 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours.
To set up rates, select the "Add" button in the top right corner.
In the rates you set the Title as the title
in this particular case this is the only setting you need to do, before you save.
Here are more detailed information on how to set the details for your rates