Note that if you have been using labels to manage pick up places on your products, there will be automatically created place groups for your labels that have been automatically added to your products.
Place groups allow you to group your pick up places together and add different pick up lists to different products as needed.
Let's say you are operating in two different cities. In that case, you would like to have products leaving from city A only offering pick up places in city A, and tours from city B should only offer pick up from city B.
Another example is if you have a tour that drives a certain route out of your city. You would like all of your pick up locations to be available, except for three that are located on the other far end of your city. In this case, you can create a rule that excludes these certain places.
Step 1 - Add your pick up places
The first thing to do, before you start sorting your pick up places is to add your pick up places by selecting Products -> Pickup places. Here are more detailed information on how to add your pickup places
When you add your pick up place, you can add flags to each pick up place, e.g. Reykjavík 101 for you down town locations and Reykjavík, for the rest of the city.
The flags are used to include or exclude larger group of pick up places from your available pick up places.
Step 2 - Create place groups for your pick up places
When you have uploaded your pick up places you can go to "Products" on the top bar and select "Place Groups" from the drop down list.
Select "Add" to create a new place group.
Fill in the parameters for the Place Group
Title: the title of the group, e.g. the name of your city, area, post code etc.
Include: Select how to include product to your place group. You have three options
- All places - this gives you all available places
- Only places with certain label - in this case, you get a new field which is "Include places that have all these labels". You select from the list the labels to include in this place group.
The labels are the flags you have added to your pick up places.
- Hand picked places only - when you select this option you get a list of all your pick up places and are able to hand select the ones you would like to include in this place group.
Exclude: select the pick up places you would like to exclude from your pick up list. Here you do get the same options as in the include section.
- All places - this option excludes all available pick up places
- Only places with certain label - in this case, you get a new field "Exclude places that have all these labels". You select from the list the labels you want to exclude from this pick up list.
- The labels are the flags you have added to your pick up places.
- Hand picked places only - when you select this option you get a list of all your pick up places and are able to hand select the ones you would like to exclude.
When you have set the Place Group the way you'd like to have it, remember to save before creating a new group or moving to the next step of adding the Place Group to correct products.
Step 3 - Add place groups to your product
To add a place group to your product you have to open your product. To do that select "Products" from the top bar and "Tours & Activities" from the drop down list. Select the name of the product to open it.
When you come into the product select the "Product Settings" tab to add the place groups.
In product settings start by making sure that you are offering pick up for your products. If not add that option.
When you have double checked the pick up, scroll down to your pick up/drop off section.
In that section select in the place group field the place group that is valid for this product.
Note: Drop off is optional. In most cases only pick up is selected and drop off is assumed to be the same place.
Remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and save, so you won lose your changes.