Allotments are used to reserve rooms for the future sales of your partners. This is useful if you have buissness relationships with a wholesaler who provides you with customers without the need for him to do individual bookings upfront.
Allotments in Bókun can:
- Belong to one of your Agents in Bókun.
- Be released at a certain date, leaving all un-booked slots in the allotment bookable by anyone.
Creating your first allotment
- Navigate to Bookings > Allotments.
- Click Add at the top of the page.
- Create your allotment in the booking form presented to you.
You need to set:
- Number of nights.
- Room types.
- Click the Book Button.
- You are now presented with a pop-up / lightbox asking if you want to Finish the booking or Add to the booking. Click Add to the booking.
- In the top-right corner of your screen, you now see a button labelled Create allotment. Click this button to create your allotment.
- You are now presented with a settings page for your allotment. You can fill this in and save. You can also edit / update the settings for each allotment later.
Each Allotment can store information about:
- Description for internal use.
- Expiry date. This is the date Bókun releases the allotment.
- Agent. You can assign the allotment to an agent, allowing him to log in through Bókun's Agent Area and create bookings towards his allotment.
Clicking Save will create the allotment.
Creating a booking for an allotment
To create booking for an allotment you do the following:
- Navigate to Bookings > Allotments
- Click the name of the allotment to see the allotted rooms.
- Click the Add to Cart button for the room you want to book.
Now your allotment has been placed in your cart and you can finish the booking.