Bókun has a live integration with Expedia Local Expert.
What a live integration means is when a customer is on www.expedia.com looking at your products, Expedia Local Expert. shows availability directly from your Bókun account, and books according to you live availability.
When a booking is created on Expedia, the booking is delivered directly to your Bókun account and appears on all your passenger and pickup lists.
The first thing to do is to signup with Expedia Local Expert (if you haven´t done that already) so that you can get the integration information from you Expedia Local Expert Account.
The first thing to do is to sign up with Expedia Local Expert. Once you have an account with Expedia, the integration can be created.
Setting up the integration in Bókun
You start by selecting "Contracts" on the top bar, then you select "Online Travel Agencies OTA's" from the drop down list.
Select "Sell through this channel" by Expedia Local Expert to create the integration to Expedia Local Expert.
Fill in the form and make sure you check Check the "Active" option.
What are the steps to set up the integration between Bókun and Expedia.
- Setup your products in Bókun - Bokun support assists you
- Setup your products in Expedia - You destination manager at Expedia assists you
There are few things you need to keep in mind:
- The prices that appear on Expedia, are the prices you add to Expedia when you create your products. The integration send availability from Bókun (no other information) and receives bookings back.
- Bookings that you get back from Expedia, show the prices that you have assigned to the Expedia Booking channel in Bókun (Menu icon in the top left corner -> Booking channels). It could be that these prices do not correspond with the prices on Expedia.
- The default rate on your activity products is sent to Expedia. If you have more than one rate the others will not be available on Expedia.
- Activate the integration between Bókun and Expedia
- Contact your Destination manager at Expedia and let them know that you have activated the integration in Bókun.
- Expedia maps your products from Bókun to Expedia and ask you for the information they need for the mapping.
- Expedia will set your integration live as the mapping is completed. At this point the bookings from Expedia will be sent directly to Bókun.
Step 5 - after you go life
If you change your products in Bókun you need to notify your Destination Manager because they will have to update your mapping. You need to contact your Destination manager if you update or add:
- Pricing categories
- Ticket types
- Start times
- Add new products
What happens after the integration is live?
Bookings from all products mapped to Expedia will appear instantly and automatically in your Bokun system.
Expedia, will as before, process payments from your customer. You will invoice Expedia and get paid from Expedia as before.
If you change one of your products, e.g. update pricing categories in Bokun. You will have to notify your account manager at Expedia and they will have to update your mapping at Expedia.
What do I need to do when I add a new product in Bókun or Expedia?
If you add new products to Bokun. There are three steps you need to complete:
- Create the products in both systems
- Add the product to the list of products that you want to have available for Expedia
- Contact your account manager at Expedia and let them know you added a new product that they need to map for you.
The first thing you need to do is to create the new product both in Bokun and Expedia. Here are information on how you add new products in Bokun.
The second step is to add the product to the list of products that are available to Expedia in Bokun.
In Bokun you select in "marketplace contract terms" which products are available for the Expedia channel. When you create a new product it is not selected by default, you have to add it manually.
To do that start by selecting "Contracts" from the top bar, then you select "Contract Terms" from the drop down list:
Select the Expedia contract terms from the list of your contract terms:
Go to the "Product Selection" tab and add the missing product to the list of selected products for Expedia. You add the products by selecting the plus sign in front of the product on the left hand side of the screen:
When the product is selected it goes to the selected product list on the left hand side of the screen. To save the changes go back to the "Terms" tab and save your changes:
Now your new product is available for mapping on Expedia. The third step is to contact your account manager at Expedia and they will complete the integration for you.